Sprint Filter P16 - The Polyester Race Air Filter
Replaces OEM part no. 42610341B
The special race air filter used by Ducati World SBK teams, providing 2 x the surface area of the standard-sized replacement filter.
- special carbon fibre frame simply clips into place, no tools needed
- no modification to stock air box (just remove stock filter and frame)
- no messy washing and oiling - simply blow clean with compressed air
- ECU-friendly consistent air flow for improved fuel economy
- also available with P08 80 micron tissue for road use
View Sprint Filter product code / model compatibility sheet here
- 899 Panigale 2014 – 2015
- 959 Panigale 2016 - current
- 1199 Panigale 2011 – 2015
- 1199 Panigale S 2011 – 2015
- 1199 Panigale R 2013 – current
- 1199 Panigale Superleggera 2014
- 1299 Panigale 2015 – current
- 1299 Panigale S 2015 – current
- 1299 Panigale R 2017 – current
- 1299 Panigale Superleggera 2017 – current
P16 is the RACE ONLY version of Sprint Filter's patented polyester tissue, and is the culmination of more than 60 years of research, development, and experience at the highest levels of competition.
In independent testing carried out by University of Wales - Trinity St David, Sprint Filter's P08 polyster tissue, the "standard" tissue found in Sprint Filter replacement air filters, provided the best airflow of any leading brand filter, including leading brand "race" filters.
SF P08 Comparison
By comparison, Sprint Filter P16 provides almost double the airflow of P08.
Polyester P08: Filtration: 80 microns - Airflow: 5.050 lit/m2/s
Polyester P16: Filtration: 160 microns - Airflow: 10.000 lit/m2/s
P16 is a RACE ONLY filter and is not suitable for road use due to the loss of filtration performance below 160 microns.
Sprint Filter P16
Virtually maintenance free
To clean your Sprint Filter P16, simply remove the filter from the airbox, blow it clean with compressed air, and re-insert it. No messy washing, after-market cleaners or oil treatments required, saving you valuable time and money!
Sprint Filter - clean using compressed air
Being man-made, the P16's polyester material will, if properly looked after, display no discernible deterioration or loss of structure or performance over the lifetime of your bike.
With 60 years of experience in producing air filters, and success at the highest levels of competition (including MotoGP, Moto3 and World SBK), you can be confident in the quality of materials and manufacture of your Sprint Filter P16 air filter